Monday, September 13, 2010

Faith of a child

Sometimes I find myself questioning and doubting instead of trusting in faithfulness. Funny how God can show you a clear example of obedience in a simple, unexpected way.
My 3 year old, Lydia, & her (identical) twin cousins had been playing all afternoon. While outside, one cousin, Kaylee, ran over her own toes with a wagon, resulting in a scrape, a little blood and some dramatic tears. Back inside, I was in the kitchen preparing them all drinks while they sat in the living room. I heard Lydia say, "Kaylee, do you want me to pray for your toes? Dear Lord, please help both of Kaylee's toes ...wait, you are Kaylee, right? Ok, In Jesus' name. Amen. Now tomorrow, when you wake up they won't even hurt anymore because I prayed and God heard me. Even though He's in heaven." That evening I talked to her about praying for her cousin. Her reply was so simple and matter of fact..."God hears us pray."
Proverbs 3:5-6 is a common passage of Scripture. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths."
I pray that God will help me as I seek to trust Him more, relying not on personal opinion or worldly advice. I pray that He will be on my mind throughout the day and I will turn my heart constantly toward my Savior. God give me the faith and trust of a child.



No comments:

Post a Comment